SUPPORT THE FESTIVAL
Help us keep Shakespeare in New Orleans
Now entering its 20th season, The New Orleans Shakespeare Festival at Tulane has played a key role in creating the culture of the city of New Orleans: Bringing the power of Shakespeare’s stories to thousands of theatergoers, teachers and students every year. But the Festival is a self-supporting organization that depends upon private, corporate, foundation and public funding to operate. You can help us continue to provide this unique resource to our community by giving your time as a volunteer or by making a tax deductible financial gift.
Your support at work:
Your contributions allow the Shakespeare Festival to continue educational and community outreach efforts. Here are a few examples of how we put your tax-deductible contributions to work:
- Scholarships for schools, which allow them to send classes full of eager students to our annual Performance for the Schools or give us the opportunity to take our actors to meet and perform for students in their schools
- Underwriting the expense of our Half-Price Previews and Pay What You Will Performances, which make professional theatre available to all New Orleanians
- Supporting the only professional Shakespearean company in the Gulf South, which employs some 45 theatre artists from the New Orleans area annually
- Financial assistance for young artists, so they may receive the training they need in order to excel in the world of professional theatre
- Underwriting the Institute on Teaching Shakespeare, which gives local middle and high school teachers new toolds for teaching Shakespeare in the classrooms.
For more information please contact Clare Moncrief at email@example.com or by phone at (504) 314-7752